Tiarnan Mulvenna


Player Profile

Place of Birth: Dundalk

Nationality: Ireland

Position: Forward

Height: 5' 5"

Club History


Start DateEnd DateTeam
Dec 2015 Warrenpoint Town
Jan 2015 Nov 2015 Drogheda United
Aug 2014 Jan 2015 Cliftonville
Jan 2014 Aug 2014 Glenavon
Dec 2012 Oct 2013 Dundalk
Jun 2011 Oct 2012 Drogheda United
Jan 2006 Aug 2011 Dundalk


Start DateEnd DateTeam

Tiarnán was first included in the Dundalk first team squad in 2006 when John Gill included him among the substitutes for the final game of the season against Waterford United in the second leg of the controversial promotion/relegation play-off final at the RSC.

In May 2007 the striker netted all five goals in a 5-1 win for the Dundalk Youths, and shortly after that Tiarnan made his senior debut as a substitute in the 2-0 victory over Athlone Town at Lissywollen. His first senior goal for the club came within seconds of him entering as a second-half substitute against Kilkenny City at Oriel Park on 20 September.

Tiarnan played in 29 of the club’s 36 league games on their way to capturing the 2008 First Division crown, scoring six goals along the way, and when Sean Connor replaced Gill for the 2009 season he was one of only three players to survive. He made his Premier Division bow as a late substitute in Dundalk’s opening night defeat by Bohemians and scored his first Premier Division goal against Bray Wanderers on 5 June. In January 2010 he signed a new one-year contract but left the club due to a lack of first team football in August of that year.

In January of 2011 Mulvenna signed for Shelbourne but complications arose and he was forced to sit out the first half of the season. When the transfer window opened in June 2011 he signed for Mick Cooke at Drogheda United and scored five goals in 17 league appearances over the latter half of the season. The following year Tiarnan made 22 league appearances but eleven of these came from the bench and he left Drogheda at the end of 2012.

In December 2012 Tiarnan returned to Oriel Park, signing for new boss Stephen Kenny. He scored within two minutes of making his first league appearance of the season, as a sub against UCD on 23 March 2013, and went on to net five times in 21 league appearances as the Lilywhites finished second in the Premier Division table.

In January 2014 Tiarnan signed for Glenavon where he spent seven months before switching to Cliftonville in August 2014. He signed a two year deal with the Belfast club but on 17 January 2015 his contract was cancelled by mutual consent, and five days later he returned to LoI football when he signed for Drogheda United

He went on to make twenty-five league appearances for the club, scoring four goals in the process, as Drogheda United were relegated on the last day of the season. In November 2015, Tiarnan left the club. The following month, he signed for NIFL side Warrenpoint Town.


  Date Home H A Away