Dara O'Shea left out of 23-man squad as Ireland prepare to face BulgariaThu, Sep 03 2020
Stephen Kenny has revealed his first 23-man matchday as Republic of Ireland manager ahead of Thursday night’s UEFA Nations League clash with Bulgaria in Sofia.
The former Dundalk manager opted to bring 24 players to Sofia, meaning one would have to be left out of the squad.
The man to miss out is West Bromwich Albion defender Dara O’Shea.
O’Shea, who was called into the squad following fitness concerns over the likes of James McCarthy and Troy Parrott could still make his senior debut on Sunday when Ireland welcome Finland to the Aviva Stadium.
The squad numbers for the clash with Bulgaria have also been revealed.
The most notable of those being Adam Idah who has been given the number nine jersey that is usually worn by David McGoldrick who misses out through injury.
Ireland squad numbers for the UEFA Nations League match with Bulgaria
1. Mark Travers (Bournemouth)
2. Seamus Coleman (Everton)
3. Enda Stevens (Sheffield United)
4. Shane Duffy (Celtic)
5. John Egan (Sheffield United)
6. Alan Browne (Preston North End)
7. Matt Doherty (Tottenham Hotspur)
8. James McCarthy (Crystal Palace)
9. Adam Idah (Norwich City)
10. Robbie Brady (Burnley)
11. James McClean (Stoke City)
12. Callum Robinson (Sheffield United)
13. Jeff Hendrick (Newcastle United)
14. Conor Hourihane (Aston Villa)
15. Callum O’Dowda (Bristol City)
16. Caoimhín Kelleher (Liverpool)
17. Aaron Connolly (Brighton & Hove Albion)
18. Shane Long (Southampton)
19. Sean Maguire (Preston North End)
20. Harry Arter (Bournemouth)
21. Darragh Lenihan (Blackburn Rovers)
22. Jayson Molumby (Brighton & Hove Albion)
23. Darren Randolph (West Ham United)